With 17 years experience as an editor for a Fortune 50 company, my skills include editing corporate processes, procedures, customer emails, SMS and print copy in addition to project managing corporate content and governance systems.
With this experience, I am happy to provide content editing, copy editing and proofreading services. Do you manage a content or knowledge system? I provide consulting services to improve your content.
Verizon Excellence Award – 4 time winner
Editor & Content Governance Leader 2016 -2018
- Content and copy editor for consumer and business customer communications for Verizon.
- Designed and launched governance tool for all customer communications.
- Reviewed and edited over 1200 copies annually.
Editor & Project Manager 2001 -20016
- Reviewed and edited all corporate processes, procedures and job aids.
- Streamlined and reduced copy by 80% by eliminating redundancy and simplifying content.
- Responsible for five system migrations.
- Search Engine Optimization – analyzed and improved over 8K keywords.
- Launched Content Governance Tool to ensure all materials were systematically passed through a governance workflow prior to publishing.
Content Editing (also known as developmental editing)
Content editing focuses on the content itself and is a very thorough review. It’s a review for facts, identifies inconsistencies, reviews the format, style, flow and revises the document to eliminate redundant information. This is the first step in the editing process and usually takes the most time to complete.
Copy editing focuses on spelling errors, punctuation, grammar, tone and overall content flow.
The last step in the review process, this is a final review after copy and/or content editing.
Consulting – Content/Knowledge Management Systems
Content Management Systems tend to lack structure and maintenance once they are launched. With most corporations being more concerned with technology, the process to maintain the content is often neglected, resulting in outdated, conflicting and poorly written content that is rarely edited prior to publishing. An audit of your system and a proposal to improve your content is available.